I really want to go through my cookbooks and Pinterest recipes to try new things, but sometimes things are so good and easy they tend to stick around!!
I found a recipe for french dip cupcakes on the Emily Bites blog earlier last year and have been making it ever since. I am not a big roast beef fan, but in this recipe it works perfectly. They kind of remind me of a philly cheesteak sandwich which I love.
The idea of using wonton wrappers as a vehicle for a meal is great and makes the food even more fun to eat. She has several different “cupcake” recipes and I can’t wait to try some of her other ones out. Emily’s blog is great because she has tasty food that she has managed to lighten up without using all kinds of crazy processed ingredients. Emily also follows Weight Watchers so all of her recipes have the points and nutritional information listed. This is really useful for me so I know what to add into MyFitnessPal if I can’t find the item.
French Dip “Cupcakes” (From Emily Bites)
- 12 oz deli roast beef, thinly sliced and chopped
- 4 laughing cow light cheese wedges, chopped
- 1/3 c Heinz au jus gravy
- 16 wonton wrappers
- 1 c shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 and spray 8 muffin tins with cooking spray
- Combine the roast beef, cheese wedges, and gravy in a microwave safe bowl. Heat in the microwave for 2 minutes on high and thoroughly mix to combine all the ingredients
- Push a wonton wrapper into the bottom of 8 muffin tins **I cook this bottom wonton wrapper for a couple of minutes in the oven before continuing
- Place a spoonful of the beef mixture onto each of the wonton wrappers, sprinkle with the shredded cheese and place another wrapper on top. Again, top with a spoonful of the beef mixture and the shredded cheese
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until golden brown
I add a vegetable and starch to round of the meal.
Delicious, easy, and a big hit. What could be better?