Back last summer I found a great blueberry muffin recipe from the Domesticated Academic. When I saw that Harris Teeter had blueberries on sale this week I knew that I needed to dig this recipe out and make it again.
I made a few tweaks to the recipe, including cutting it in half (and it still made 8 muffins).
Blueberry Power Muffins:
(adapted from domesticated academic)
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 7oz container of Fage plain 2% greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, slightly melted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 c blueberries
- preheat oven to 350
- coat muffin tins with cooking spray
- mix all the ingredients together (minus the blueberries) until well combined **this batter is very thick, so I had to add about 1-2 tbsp water to get it to come together
- fold the blueberries into the batter
- spoon the batter into the muffin tins
- bake for 20 minutes until golden brown
These muffins are not super sweet, but they are delicious! The greek yogurt makes them very filling, which is perfect for a quick breakfast or morning snack.
**Next time I make these I am going to try to completely cut out the sugar and increase the honey a little bit to make up for it.