So this past month has been a whirlwind of work, bad weather, and lots of errands and to-do list activities. After an incredibly fun weekend celebrating St Patrick’s Day I decided it was time to get back on track.
I went by WalMart yesterday and got the ingredients to make some super simple chicken in the crockpot to take to work this week.
Crockpot Salsa Chicken:
- 1 package boneless/skinless chicken breasts
- 1 jar salsa
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 can lower sodium black beans
Place all ingredients into the crockpot and cook on low for 8 hours (or if you wait until the last minute like me cook on high for 4 hours).
I plan on taking a serving to work tonight for dinner and also as one of my meals tomorrow. It is so good by itself, with brown rice, with tortilla chips, or I have even used it as a filling for enchiladas! I also love this simple recipe because it freezes well.
I have kind of fallen off the wagon with my FitBit Flex, so I am currently charging it so I can wear it to work this week. I definitely like seeing how much I am walking and also find that it is a great motivator to get those extra steps in. I did just hit up the gym in my apartment for a short workout and I know that is something that I definitely need to make time for. I feel so much better when I am working out and eating better.
I feel the need to get back on my goals and have been thinking about how I will incorporate them this week as I face one of my long weeks at work.
Daily Goals–Starting March 17, 2014:
- Get in at least 10,000 steps daily using my FitBit Flex (the hardest day for me will be Wednesday because I am off work, so I will definitely focus on this)
- Track my meals using MyFitnessPal every day
- Do some meal planning/prep Wednesday to help me stay on track as I work through the weekend
- Look at my Pinterest and pick some new recipes to try out
- Think of ways to mix up my snacks/meals so I won’t get burnt out of the same ‘ol same ‘ol :)
Happy Saint Patrick’s Day! Don’t forget to wear green!