I had previously participated in the foodie penpal program from The Lean Green Bean last summer and I didn’t have an amazing experience, but decided to try it again! Boy–I am sure glad I did!! I was matched with Ariel and after several emails back and forth I received an awesome package in the mail :)
I loved everything in my package:
- Dang toasted coconut chips: I cannot wait to try these!
- Luna peanut honey pretzel bar: so good…I’ve already bought more to take to work :)
- Earnest eats superfood trail mix bar: I am looking forward to taking this to work for my morning snack
- Peter Cottontail Marshmallow Poles: yummm marshmallows
- Java City Vanilla Dream K-Cups: delicious! vanilla toffee flavored coffee is where it is at!
- Swish Miss Hot Chocolate Packs: always good (not to keep them away from Chase)
- Jelly Belly Jelly Beans: already eaten :)
- Green and Black’s organic dark chocolate: saving this for a day that needs a pick me up
- and some other associated teas, coffees, and drink mixes that I can’t wait to try
If you are interested in joining the monthly foodie penpals exchange read some more about it below or check out the Lean Green Bean for more information!
Here is a brief explanation of the program:
–On the 5th of the month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
-You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
-The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
-You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
-Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you can choose to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
– Foodie Penpals is open to US, Canadian residents & European residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We’ve determined things might get too slow and backed up if we’re trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa. So, I’m going to keep two separate lists and match US w/ US and Canada w/ Canada!